At Cheam Common Junior Academy we encourage our children to take an interest in all academic subjects and seek to provide opportunities for them to expand their knowledge beyond the classroom in fun and engaging ways.
One way we do this is through our academic clubs, which are run by external providers. There is a small charge for these clubs - information about prices and how to join the clubs will be made available by letter at the start of term.
Mad Science Club
Mad Science provides a unique programme of spectacular demonstrations, hands-on activities and real world discussions that make learning about science fun. The interactive, one-hour after school club is themed around particular areas of science and include such topics as rocketry, magnets, polymers and the science of toys.
Mad Science Club is for all year groups and takes place after school. Timetable:
- Autumn term 2017 - Fridays from 3.15pm to 4.30pm
Mad Science after school programs…
- are hands-on and focus on science and engineering practice
- are aligned to STEM objectives
- meet national, state, and provincial extracurricular activities standards
- are led by trained, qualified, and dynamic instructors
- follow professional lesson plans
- use unique equipment and original materials
Our Spanish Club combines fun and exciting games with songs and activities. As the children progress through the programme they will begin to read and write independently.
Spanish Club is for all year groups and takes place after school. Timetable:
- Autumn term 2017 - Wednesdays from 3.15pm to 4.15pm