At Cheam Common Junior Academy we pride ourselves in looking smart with our school uniform. Wearing uniform promotes a sense of community within the school and allows children to demonstrate their pride in their school, both within school and when they are out in the local community. School uniforms are provided by School Wear Inc and can be ordered online here.
Our school uniform consists of:
- plain red v-neck sweatshirt or cardigan
- red v-neck sweatshirt or cardigan with the school logo
- summer dresses in red and white check or narrow red and white stripes
- plain grey trousers, shorts, skirt or pinafore. Skirts and trousers must be of uniform style not fashion. Skirts must be around knee length and properly worn
- white shirt or blouse. In summer, a short sleeved shirt is permitted but polo shirts may not be worn
- plain grey, black or white socks. Coloured socks and very short trainer-style socks are not allowed
- plain black shoes with flat heels must be worn. They should be suitable for school wear for safety reasons. Boots may not be worn
- the school tie, which are available in the school office and must be worn all year
Please remember to name all items of your child’s school clothing.
Games and PE kit
Games and PE (including swimming when appropriate) are compulsory subjects under the national curriculum and pupils should come to school equipped to take part in all lessons.
For PE children must wear:
- plimsolls or trainers
- red PE shorts - no logos
- plain white PE t-shirt with or without the school logo. White t-shirts with other colours, designs or logos are not allowed
If you wish for your child to be excused temporarily for health reasons, a written request should be sent to the class teacher.
Games activities take place in the playground or on the field each term and plain tracksuits or jogging bottoms with a jumper (no hoods) are advisable in cold weather.
Your child’s PE and games kit should be brought to school in a clearly named drawstring bag for kit storage to help prevent it from being lost.
Jewellery, hair and make-up
Children are not allowed to wear personal jewellery such as rings, earrings or bracelets to school. In pierced ears, a plain round stud may be worn but must be removed for physical activities such as PE and games (including dance, gymnastics and swimming). If studs cannot be removed from newly pierced ears, children will be asked to cover the sharp point of the stud with adhesive plaster.
We do allow children to wear watches but they remain the responsibility of the child at all times.
For safety reasons, long hair should be tied back at all times. Only red or dark coloured hair bands should be worn. No extreme styles of haircuts or eyebrow shavings are allowed. Hair must be of a natural colour and not dyed.
Make-up and nail varnish are not allowed to be worn at school at any time.
If you would like your child to wear clothing or jewellery specific to a particular religious belief, please contact us to discuss potential issues of educational standards and security.